PHYT-200 Teacher Training
Great students become great teachers.
Great teachers impact the world.
We are committed to giving each participant a full and expansive experience of yoga and meditation. From the history and philosophy to the asanas to the full spectrum of supporting practices - pranayama, meditation, energy work - you will be prepared to take your knowledge and training and share it with others, influencing the world for the better.
Upon completion of this course, participants receive full 200-Hour Certification with a certificate. We also offer an apprenticeship program for new teachers and those looking to refine and advance their capabilities.
The 200-Hour Training is Appropriate for:
- Students who are seeking a thorough knowledge of the eight limbs of yoga, with an in-depth look at asana practice and theory and a comprehensive study of the Yamas, Niyamas, Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi.
- Those ready to become yoga teachers
- Certified teachers who want to approach a 500-Hour certification
- Healing practitioners who would like to add new healing modalities to their practices and work in depth with clients who have physical and physiological challenges.
- Yoga enthusiasts who want an authentic and immersive study of their yoga.
Upcoming PHYT 200-Hour Teacher Training Dates:
The below dates are self-contained weekend modules. You may begin your training at any time and you graduate once you have completed all ten modules and all course requirements. This format gives you the flexibility to complete the course one weekend a month. Times are 1-6pm Both Days.
Upcoming Training Dates:
- March 4/5th
- April 1/2nd
- May 6/7th
- June 10/11th
- Future Dates TBA
Pay In Full Options:
- $2,200 if paid in full up to one month prior
- $2,350 if paid in full by the start of the teacher training
Payment Plan Option:
- $2,500 on a payment plan ($500 non-refundable deposit required to reserve your spot and materials, then ten monthly payments of $200 due on each month's meeting)
* Student, Senior and Veteran discounts do apply.
Key Modules of the training will Include:
- Intensive Anatomy Study
- Sequencing for Optimal Alignment
- Advanced Posture Practicum
- Finding Your Teaching Voice
- Ohming and Chanting
- Assists and Adjustments Practicum
- Teaching Yoga for Beginners
- Teaching Students with Injuries & Limitations
- The Chakras and Energy Healing
- How to create and sustain work for yourself
- How to conduct Private Sessions
- Buisness advice
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- The Mirror of Yoga by Richard Freeman
- Yoga Mala by Sri K. Patthabi Jois
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by BKS Iyengar
- Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long MD
- Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long MD
- Radical Simplicity by Jim Merkel
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Light on Yoga
- Light on Pranayama
- Bhagavad Gita
- Ashtanga Yoga Practice and Philosophy
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga (Coulter)
Completing the online application and a consultation with the Director is required. Please contact us at to get started at 610 896 YOGA or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries about the program.
What if I miss a class?
We will work with you to make sure you have the opportunity to complete your training and experience all of the course content. For example, you will have the opportunity to make up missed class hours in future Teacher Trainings. Depending on the dates missed, we will also work with you to schedule sessions to be made up at a later date. Please discuss any forseeable conflicts with us when you register so we can collaborate with you to make plans. Don't let this be a deterrent!
Can I take classes while doing the training?
Yes! Teacher Trainers can practice for free during their teacher training as well as two weeks before course start and two weeks after graduation. You are also required to take one workshop. We encourage you to practice with a variety of teachers so that you experience their styles and can ask any questions you may have. You are also welcome to observe classes.
Will the program be Yoga Alliance accredited?
Yes. We are a Yoga Alliance Certified school and this training is a certified RYS 200 program. Following graduation you will receive an official Yoga Alliance recognized certificate.
Have another Question?
Send us an email (email@example.com) or give us a call (610-896-YOGA) We are happy to answer any other concerns you may have about the program.
Your Teachers and Facilitators:
- Derek & Nadia Hopkins, Co-Owners & Lead Instructors at Prana House Yoga
- Mary Flinn, Level 1 & 2 Authorization from Shri K. Pattabhi Jois & Sharath Jois (Ayurveda & The History & Philosophy of Yoga, Mysore Practice)
- Elizabeth Sitzler, Director of the Ashtanga Yoga School in Philadelphia (Exploring the Primary Series)
- Monika Brass, Senior Teacher at Prana House (Meditation & Mindfulness)
- Jason Coffman, Senior Teacher at Prana House (Teaching Beginners Classes & Students)
- Dani Pogachefsky (Tibetan Sound Bowl Healing)
- Dr. Martin Orimenko of Live Well Holistic Health Center (Naturopathy & Yoga for Injury)
- Joy Scott, Prana House Yoga Nutritionist (Nutrition & Food as Medicine)
- And additional surprise guests through the training!