PHYT-300 Advanced Training with Master Teacher Mary Flinn, David Newman (Durga Das) and PHY Instructors
A unique training led by Master Teacher Mary Flinn, one of the area's most respected instructors, David Newman (Durga Das) and a roster of PHY instructors and guest specialists. Encounter powerful & authentic yogic practices rarely taught in the West. This knowledge creates exceptional healers, practitioners & teachers.
Upon completion of this course, participants receive full 300-Hour Certification with a certificate. We also offer an apprenticeship program for new teachers and those looking to refine and advance their capabilities.
The 300-Hour Training is Appropriate for:
- Dedicated students who have been practicing consistently for at least two years and who are looking to take their practice to new depths and concentrations. (Less than two years of practice? Consider the 200-Hour Training)
- Certified teachers with at least 50 hours of teaching experience who want to approach a 500-Hour certification and have a more rich and diverse set of skills to offer their students.
- Healing practitioners with an in-depth experiential knowledge of yoga who would like to add new healing modalities to their practices and work in depth with clients who have physical and physiological challenges.
- Students who are engaged and immersed in practice of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and who are preparing to enter the Second Series.
- Instructors who have training or certification in other styles of yoga (hot, Baptiste, Anusara, etc.) looking to have a more thorough knowledge of the ancient and authentic practices of this style.
Upcoming PHYT 300-Hour Teacher Training Dates:
Modules are held Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 6pm and can also be taken as stand-alone modules. Students may begin this training at any time and must complete all ten modules within two years in order to graduate. Email us at email@example.com or use the application below to express interest.
Upcoming Training Dates:
- February 18/19th
- March 18/19th
- April 22/23rd
- May 20/21st
- June 24/25th
- Future Dates TBA
Pay In Full Options:
- $3,200 if paid in full up to one month prior
- $3,450 if paid in full by the start of the teacher training
Payment Plan Option:
- $3,750 on a payment plan ($500 non-refundable deposit required to reserve your spot and materials, then ten monthly payments of $325 due on each month's meeting)
* Student, Senior and Veteran discounts do apply.
Key Modules of the training will Include:
- Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Assists and Adjustments
- Advanced Posture Sequencing
- Yin/Restorative Postures/Sequences for Different Goals, Challenges and Limitations
- Sanskrit Basics and Chanting the Yoga Sutras
- Meditation: Tibetan Buddhist meditation, Agni Hotra, Mantra meditation, Kundalini meditation.
- Observing Your Bias
- Maintaining Individual Clients/The Business of Yoga
- The Practice of Living Your Principles
- Prenatal Yoga through the Primary Series
- Mysore Style Painting and Hindu Deity Symbols
- Complimentary Healing Arts: Vedas, Gods and Goddesses, Numerology and Aromatherapy
- Advanced Chakra Exploration and Energy Healing with Yoga
- Kirtan/Chants and Mantra
- Wisdom of No Escape by Perma Chodren
- Mystery of the Mind by Swami Muktananda
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchitananda
- Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long MD
- Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long MD
- Nonviolent Communication by Marshall B. Rosenberg
- The Diamond Cutter by Geshe Michael Roach
- Wheels of Life by Judith Anodea
- Crucial Conversations by Patterson, Grenny, McMillan and Switzler
- Yoga Mala by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
- Ashtanga Yoga Practice & Philosophy by Gregor Maehle
- Ashtanga Yoga the Intermediate Series by Gregor Maehle
Completing the online application and a consultation with the Director is required. Please contact us at to get started at 610 896 YOGA or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries about the program.
What if I miss a class?
We will work with you to make sure you have the opportunity to complete your training and experience all of the course content. For example, you will have the opportunity to make up missed class hours in future Teacher Trainings. Depending on the dates missed, we will also work with you to schedule sessions to be made up at a later date. Please discuss any forseeable conflicts with us when you register so we can collaborate with you to make plans. Don't let this be a deterrent!
Can I take classes while doing the training?
Yes! Teacher Trainers receive two 20-class cards that must be used during the term of your teacher training. We encourage you to practice with a variety of teachers so that you experience their styles and can ask any questions you may have. You are also welcome to observe classes.
Will the program be Yoga Alliance accredited?
Yes. We are a Yoga Alliance Certified school and this training is a certified RYS 300 program. Following graduation you will receive an official Yoga Alliance recognized certificate.
Have another Question?
Send us an email (email@example.com) or give us a call (610-896-YOGA) We are happy to answer any other concerns you may have about the program.